Many traditional training approaches promise fulfilment by diagnosing ‘weaknesses’ and suggesting external changes.
That’s not what we do.
At Oasis Mindfulness, we focus on empowering the individual to develop their inner resources of wisdom, intuition and creativity.
Our mindfulness based courses, coaching and retreats focus on:
- EMPOWERING YOU to cultivate your own inner resources of wisdom, intuition and creativity, creating a deeper, more meaningful life
- Establishing new habits of mind and body
- Learning to live in the present moment
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Moving beyond habitual negative patterns, learning to live life consciously and without judgment
- Emboldening you to face any external challenges from a clear and calm centre.
Oasis Mindfulness has drawn upon the curricula of the MBSR to present a formal, structured program that assists participants to deal more effectively with stress.
Held in a supportive and structured space, and incorporating mindfulness meditation techniques and gentle physical movement, our 8-week MBSR program will help individuals:
- Bring positive changes to attitudes and behaviours, increasing the quality of relationships
- Improve working memory, gain clarity with a calmer mind
- Improve physically with a better immune function, improve sleep practices, healthier heart
- Reduction in acute and chronic pain
- Learn to manage stress and anxiety.
These themes and practices are reinforced and built upon in each succeeding week through:
- Guided mindfulness meditations
- A theoretical framework
- Gentle physical movement
- Group discussion
- Take home activities for daily practice.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
8 Week Program
Learn to break the cycle of anxiety, stress, unhappiness and exhaustion.
The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program introduces participants to an assortment of mindfulness tools and techniques designed to cultivate awareness, acceptance and compassion towards themselves.
MBSR Program Details
- MBSR: 8-week program
- Location: 18 Ebenezer Place, East End Adelaide
- Sessions: 1 per week, plus a 1 day retreat
- Session duration: 2 hours 30 mins
- Participants: 8
MP3 mindfulness practice recordings and a workbook are supplied.
Saturday 5th September – Saturday 24th October, 2020
10am – 12.30pm
What is the MBSR?
The MBSR is an evidence-based stress-reduction program that was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center.
Having been widely researched over the last 35 years, the MBSR has been scientifically proven to help with a range of physical and psychological difficulties including anxiety, depression, and chronic pain:
“Our work over the past thirty-five years has shown consistent, reliable, and reproducible demonstrations of major and clinically relevant reductions in medical and psychological symptoms across a wide range of medical diagnoses, including many different chronic pain conditions, other medical diagnoses and in medical patients with a secondary diagnosis of anxiety and/or panic, over the eight weeks of the MBSR intervention, and maintenance of these changes in some cases for up to four years of follow-up.”
It is important to note that the MBSR has been designed to complement, not replace, traditional medical and psychological treatments.
I reconnected with myself, this was a very powerful experience. I also have tools that are working in my daily life to prevent anxiety and allow me to relate better to others.
It is a great course that everyone should do as it guides us to a better connection for our mind, body and soul. Anne has been great in guiding the course.
I have learnt how the body, mind and feelings are connected and what I think affects my feelings. Through mindfulness, I am feeling calmer, more relaxed and able to reduce my anxiety. I don’t feel as anxious as before and I am more confident in what I do.
Mindfulness Retreats for Women
Our retreats will not only give you time to pause and to let go of your normal day-to-day routines, they will also provide insight to the patterns that hold you back from stepping into your most powerful self.
- The practices you learn will be simple yet powerful, opening doorways to calmness and quiet in today’s chaotic and noisy world.
- You will also be nourished from the inside out with nutritious and delicious meals.
- And best of all, you will feel empowered to sustain your learnings as you re-enter your busy world.
Next Retreat: June 21 – 26, 2021 Ubud Bali
This retreat will be really special, as we gather to feel our radiant energies at last.
UNPLUG and RECONNECT to your most powerful self on one of our nurturing women-only retreats.
Have you ‘lost your mojo’? Feel general tiredness, dullness and crave time to ‘catchup’ on yourself? Do you have the inability to ‘switch off’ your busy mind and are even now experiencing feelings of anxiety and stress?
This retreat experience is being offered to any woman who craves a chance to slow down and rediscover her natural rhythm. Who lives in a busy and perhaps noisy world, yet senses that a spell of peace and quiet would do her body and soul a world of good. Who is ready to receive the gift of practical, life-affirming skills which give the ability to be in today’s over-busy world in a healthier way.
Come as you are. No prior experience with mindfulness practice, yoga, or any of the other modalities offered over this weekend is necessary. You will be nourished from the inside out, and best of all, you will be empowered to sustain your learnings as you re-enter your busy world.
Join Anne Rodgers and Cherise Vallet – both specialists in the fields of yoga and mindfulness – for a supremely rejuvenating and energising retreat at the luxurious Amori Villas Ubud, Bali. Learn how to mindfully unplug and reconnect and then return to your busy world refreshed, rebooted and ready to go!
This 6 day retreat, specially created experience will include:
- Mindfulness – formal and informal practices Meditation – simple techniques to calm your mind
- Restorative Yoga & Yoga Nidra – deeply relaxing, profoundly calming
- Daily half-hour spa massage
- Time for quiet solitude and reflection
- Beautifully presented, delicious organic vegetarian meals
* No prior experience with mindfulness practice or yoga is necessary to attend our retreats.
Just home from a 4 day retreat organised by Anne and Cherise. Most amazing experience. There are not enough words to express the love, joy, security and reward the retreat brought to me and all of the participants.
From moment one an amazing safe environment was created. Anne and Cherise worked beautifully together. Complimentary styles but aligned philosophy. Loved every minute, thank you.
I loved everything, venue was fabulous, food was fabulous, wouldn’t change a thing.
Corporate Mindfulness Training
Oasis Mindfulness designs bespoke Corporate Mindfulness Training programs customised to your needs and people.
Our workshops are informative, practical and engaging, providing the opportunity to learn about and experience mindfulness, as well as actionable tools and techniques they can take away and implement in the workplace and beyond.
Our bespoke Corporate Mindfulness Training programs will help you and your team learn how to:
- Apply mindfulness to business
- Lead with authenticity and compassion
- Achieve more by slowing down
- Disconnect in order to connect
- Build resilience
- Reign in control of technology, rather than allowing technology to have control of you
- Cultivate generosity so it arises more naturally in business relationships and in communicating with their peers.
We can tailor a training program to suit your requirements.
Professional life is full of challenges. Explore the benefits of mindfulness training and coaching in the workplace, and become a business leader with ease and acceptance.
Many traditional business training approaches promise fulfilment by diagnosing ‘weaknesses’ and suggesting external changes.
Oasis Mindfulness is different!
We focus on empowering the individual to develop their inner resources of wisdom, intuition and creativity, empowering them to face any external challenges from a calm centre.
Mindfulness in the Workplace
Practicing mindfulness at work has been proven to have benefits for both employees and employers:
- A decrease in employee absenteeism
- Increased workplace performance and productivity
- Boosted creativity and innovation
- Team building and leadership development
- Improvements in relationships
- Reducing stress and building resilience
- Building emotional intelligence.
Even global leaders such as Google, Facebook and SAP have realised how much of an impact mindfulness can have on their business AND teams through increasing team satisfaction, productivity and having a positive impact on the bottom-line through developing a simple practice of self-awareness.
- What is mindfulness?
- The benefits of mindfulness and why it is becoming so important
- Clinical research and business research
- Brands that have mindfulness programmes
- A Practice – opportunity to feel and experience mindfulness
- Integrating mindfulness into everyday life
Mindfulness Taster Session
Learn how an ancient practice that has now been proven by science, is being widely adopted by business leaders and professionals. This one hour taster session will include a mix of theory and mindfulness based practices.
Cost: $250 per one hour session